Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I am a inventor


 invent a little. Actually I invent a lot, just most of it no one will ever hear of.
When I go to bed, I get all excited about the dream adventures I’m going to have and the inventing I’m going to do during the night.
These inventions come to me between the hours of 2-5 in the morning when I’m truly only half awake as I scribble on a tablet beside my bed. This irritates my dog a lot and requires her to sleep all day.
In the morning I can only read or remember about 20% of it- you know the 80/20 rule. It is my hope that the half baked inspirations that fall out in the night are gifted as a real possibility for another.
But  as I think of it, we invent everything in our “world”~ our anxiety, ego inflation and our insecurities which justify our need to judge ourselves against others. What a brain racket! Hardly innovative.
What’s has been innovative is the life we’ve already lived- so crammed with crazy stories that were we to write them all out would require a 40 foot container. Thank goodness for the micro chip. Yes, we need to give ourselves credit for the full and colorful movie cast experiences that we’ve had, and particularly those that had been topped off with hugs and kisses. It’s a sweet relief to know that we can look forward with the same passion and world of possibility to the future.  It is no comedy hour to reflect on on so much wasted inspiration , but  I’m comforted to know that our wonderful creator is ever there lighting a spark under our butt and a candle flame of hope in the darkness ahead.
Perhaps, we can even contribute more than we ever have before because we know what is most rewarding has to do with the heart.        

1 comment:

  1. We invent to solve a problem. Often we are just happy to have solved the problem in our minds and we don't need to go to the trouble of making it real. Sometimes I find out that someone else has already solved the problem and my invention is not needed. While some would be disappointed, I'm not. One less invention I have to think about.
    But what problems are we solving by inventing "our anxiety, ego inflation and our insecurities"?

    ReplyDelete