Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lonely

Tonight, I wish I hadn’t called my blog “the authentic journey”.
This authenticity thing demands so much of us- even on a blog.
So, it’s evening and I’m at a private mountain retreat. My shadow is calling out and pestering me about being “lonely”. Oh, I’ve written a few poems in this state of being, but who would want to read them?
There is a beautiful blue hydrangea on the window sill and the leaves are yelling of yellow. Of course, there are superbly crisp leaves to kick around.  So blessed we are. But that is not my question. Does the writing of a blog mean you need to share the painful parts of your mind as well as the best?  In our commitment to being real, the pressure is on.
Back to “lonely”. Why is it that we need to discuss these “low down” places? (i.e.…being lonely?)Are we wondering if there is anybody else out there feeling this lonely? No~ I think we know that. What our mind is questioning is whether or not we are experiencing the longest, deepest most painful loneliness ever seen? I’d have to say no to that too.
Self- help authors rarely expose the shadow in themselves. Maybe they are right… though you can read it between the lines. As you can see, I’m still struggling with how authentically we should share.
I have a highly evolved dog; she’s a hoot and resembles an untidy, extremely over hugged Oscar the Grouch. But, what about people with who have only have a socially challenged turtle, which only resembles a turtle? How lonely could they be? You know, “things said within a blog- stay within a blog.”
 So I’m wondering from the stand point of a professional psychological journal, how serious is loneliness? I think it’s BIG, but there is no DSM category to plug into insurance holes here. Lonely is just a descriptor, sometimes listed under depression. They could call it … SiL( she is lonely) or HiL ( he is lonely). Sounds like salt and pepper, and gosh everyone has that. So, does “poor me” work within a authenticity framework, it certainly works for the music industry.
I’m so engrossed in thought, that the fire alarm is going off, (alarmed at my burning green beans and onions.) Can a house be a drama queen? On ending this blog, I’ll hold the image from the blog before… do you see that candle glowing in the dark?

No comments:

Post a Comment