Monday, November 2, 2009

Women


Oh…what a feast I had today- as I was researching entrepreneurial women and organizations around the world. Wow, they (collectively) have empowered me.
 I’m so impressed with the sisterhood~ our sisters who have traveled their journey to come out above water line still breathing and some with a bikini and  such a beautiful glow! I’m so proud of each of them, the Bio’s I’ve read, the companies they have established, the causes they move from.
Actually, sometimes as I see their journey (in bio form)… I feel guilty. Like ‘Oh Sterling, at 60 couldn’t you be more like her’. But NO… Each of us have different feathers with one of a kind hand handcrafted pathways in the sky and we’re all landing on God- given branches. Aren’t we lucky to have such (female ) mentors to send us upward- and to proclaim a “ Can – Do “ attitude! I love that attitude.  (Only my dog knows it better.) I must admit some serious years ago now, I pretended to be (corporately) lots “bigger” than I was, believing that I must project this illusion to cover up my nakedness and insecure credibility. Oh…soul forgotten. I hate to be so transparent this evening, but I guess I have been affected with renewed hope.  We do have granddaughters you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment